At Aztera, many of our team members are Tucson natives or University of Arizona alumni, so our commitment to community involvement is personal. This year, we're unveiling our new outreach effort, Aztera Cares, a quarterly volunteer project that aims to improve the community in which we live, by applying our specialized engineering and entrepreneurial skills to projects that require technical expertise.
We also regularly sponsor educational events for children, judge university competitions, and plan and moderate entrepreneurial events. We have served as volunteer judges for the Arizona First Lego League Robotics Tournament and for Engineering Design Day, an annual event where students from the University of Arizona’s College of Engineering pitch projects for the chance to win prizes or accelerate the commercialization of their product.
Aztera is on the planning committee for Startup Tucson’s annual Idea Funding Conference and we have been panelists, moderators, MCs, and judges for the event. We have also sponsored educational events, such as the Arizona Mathematics Roadshow, which brings hands-on science and applied mathematics activities to schools and Boys and Girls Clubs.
Our president is also actively involved in the University of Arizona community and is a member of the College of Engineering Industry Advisory Board and the Tech Launch Arizona Board, as well as a member at large of the University of Arizona Alumni Association.
Our community involvement has been honored by a number of awards and featured in a variety of publications.
- Tucson Metro Chamber Copper Cactus award recipient 2014
- Winner of the Commercialization Network Alliance Partnership RFQ – October 2013 – 2014
- Current rating of “A+” with the Better Business Bureau
- Tucson Hispanic Chamber’s 40 under 40 award recipient 2012
- Inside Tucson Business Up & Comers award recipient 2011
- Arizona Technology Council’s Tech Connect Magazine – Winter 2013 – “Wheelhouse Arizona”
- Arizona Daily Star – June 5, 2012 – “One-Stop Development Shop”
- Inside Tucson Business – July 19, 2013 – “Manny Teran, Entrepreneur and Technology Enabler”
- Inside Tucson Business – October 18, 2010 – “NascentMD Puts Medical Devices in the Hands of Venture Capitalists”
- UA Engineering News (OECE) – Winter 2013 – “Faculty Head to Market with Cost-Limiting Thermostat”
- Radio 104.1 “Circles of Change” – Interview with Manny Teran and Eric Smith on February 1, 2014
- Biz Tucson Magazine – Spring 2014 – “Funding Markets for New Ideas”